Resources for Real Estate Investors
Actionmydeal.com is your local real investor marketplace where our goal is to help you become more successful in your real estate investment business.
Whether you’re a Wholesaler, Rehabber, Landlord, Owner, Realtor or Lender we are hoping that there’s something on this website that can help you in Your business.
There’s lots of free training below that offer high quality ebooks, videos, audios, courses, manuals, contracts, blueprints and property investment tips from some of the most successful real estate investment educators in the business.
Technology is changing rapidly to help us be more efficient and make more money, and it’s important to stay on top of these changes to be a successful real estate investor in today’s market.
Please let us know if you’re willing to share any success tips, technology or marketing that’s making a dramatic impact on your business?
FREE Real Estate Investor Resource
Best Networking Investor Groups
Best Resources to find Deals:
• www.Realaquisitions.com Helps you research property owners, chain of title, recorded liens & judgments and mls comps. You can also pull up list of estates, pre-foreclosures, foreclosures, tax suits & judgments, bankruptcies and alot more data to help you find good deals.
• www.Hcad.org Helps you verify back taxes owed on a property in Harris County
• http://taxsales.lgbs.com/ Find tax sales near me is Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP site that lists most of the tax sales in the Greater Houston area
Best Options to Buy targeted mailing list:
Tax lien, Preforeclosures, Probates, Bankruptcy & fire damage property, vacant property, health code violations and out of state owners list
Best Options for finding Homeowners or owners of abandoned properties
Google.com This is common sense but it’s often overlooked. It’s amazing what you can learn about an address or person by Googling.
Intelius.com Intelius paid people finder
Ancestor.com Can help find relatives and owner information.
Advancedbackgroundchecks.com let’s you do searches for free or an inexpensive paid version. (Recommended)
Legitimate Guru’s who Offer great training systems
Rental Properties / Seller Financing
• RentersWarehouse.com offers free rental price analysis and professional property management.
• PropertyREI is quite simply the best rental property calculator I’ve ever used. I used to spend hours fumbling around with different spreadsheets and formulas, trying to determine if certain rental properties were a good investment, but when I discovered this calculator – I couldn’t believe how simple it was to plug-in a few numbers and get instant confirmation on whether I was looking at a good deal or not.
• Landlordology: This website is a goldmine of information, software and other amazing content for a major sector of real estate investing. If you own rental properties or if you’re thinking about buying rental properties, or if you’re managing rental properties for someone else – this website is a fantastic resource that you need to look into.
Blogs I Follow
BiggerPockets Blog: Few other blogs are organized and maintained as well as this one. If you’re looking for information on a number of different topics from a highly credible contributors, you owe it to yourself to check this one out.
Inman Next: This site is technically geared towards real estate agents, but as I’ve found through my various guest posts for the site, these guys pump out a TON of regular content – much of which overlaps with the real estate investing realm. The topics on this blog touch on things like selling, marketing, websites, industry updates and much more. If you aren’t familiar with Inman News or Inman Next – this is another one of those websites to bookmark.
Flipping Junkie: This is another great blog centered around the subject of house flipping. Danny Johnson brings a ton a value to the table through his site and I’ve always enjoyed seeing what he’s up to here. Danny also runs DannyBuysHouses.com, where he helps people sell their house fast in San Antonio, TX. He and his wife have been buying houses in San Antonio for over 13 years.
Land Rush Now Blog: If you’re an aspiring land investor looking for another great source of information, my friend Renee has had a great deal of experience and success in the land business (using pretty much the exact same strategy I do). If you need more insights on how to pursue your own land flipping business, check her out sometime!
Flood Maps are Important: Always check before you buy..
Online Resources for Determining ARV (after rehab value)
The MLS in any city is going to be the best source to determine value, but if you’re not a Realtor then there’s other sites that can help determine an estimate for your house value. As technology improves, the tools we use to find the value of a property get better and better. Finding comps (comparable data) is now as easy as entering your address into a form. Beware that many of these services aren’t as accurate as using a professional Realtor, but if used together they can help you.
Free House Value Sites
Realtor.com – Realtor.com is now allowing you to search for your home’s worth by showing what houses sold for in your area.
Zillow.com – Zillow is the biggest player in the online house values game, through a feature called a “Zestimate,” which is an automated estimate based on public records and sales comps. You can also search for “sold” listings to determine your own comps.
Trulia.com – Like Zillow, Trulia allows you to search “sold listings” to gather comps.
Redfin – An online brokerage with online property valuation tool.
Property Shark – Property Shark provides public data on a property, recent sales, sale history, and comparables. No need to provide your contact info, either.